Starting this Friday, thousands of video professionals will gather in Amsterdam for five days to talk about the future of video. Recording, hardware, delivery… and online video. If there is one trend to keep in mind year after year, it is the domination of online delivery strategies, as well as the proliferation of video in global Internet traffic.
Video QoS Metrics Premiere
As in previous years, Cedexis will be in Hall 14, dedicated to the future of online video. Cedexis will be showcasing the new abilities of its solution to monitor IP networks QoS for video:
Cedexis Buffer Killer. We introduced this during IBC last year, and it has only gotten better. We will demonstrate the need for a new type of data, Video QoS Metrics, in your multi-CDN and multi-Cloud load-balancing strategies. Those new metrics dedicated to video QoS are:
- Bitrate: the amount of data delivered to the end user per chunk (kbps)
- Re-buffering ratio: the percentage of time spent waiting because of re-buffering (seconds)
- Video Start Failures: the number of attempts to launch the video that have generated a failure (count)
- Video Start Time: time spent before the video starts (milliseconds)
- Response Time: response time calculated per chunk (milliseconds)
- Throughput: observed throughput per chunk (kbps)
Those data are in line with HMTL5’s breakthrough for online video. Stop by view a demo at the Cedexis booth: Hall 14, Stand G17. Our partner Elemental Technologies will also display demos at its booth: Hall 5, Stand C80. Please feel free to contact us directly to set up a meeting at IBC, or visit us at the booth.